Monday, October 8, 2007

Coral Charm - More things from the Sea

As you may or may not be aware, I love the beach. One of fav past-times is fossicking along the high tide line, often I take pics there and then of things that I find, arranging them into pleasing patterns.


I once found the tiniest pieces of red coral whilst on Holidays on Heron Island off Gladstone on the central Queensland coast, mostly broken, but still a vibrant red. That is something we don't see along the beaches here in the southern parts of Queensland.


Here's another new set of jewellery I made last week using vibrant red coral and sterling silver. The necklace can be worn with the feature clasp to the back of the neck or on the side for a different look. I added some Dark Red Coral 5301 Swarovski Bicones for just the tiniest sparkle. I love this set. The Bracelet is Plated Sterling Silver and has some handcrafted silver spirals that I hammered flat using my new chasing hammer and anvil. These pieces will be available for sale at my pre-christmas jewellery show.
Here's a close up of the earrings in the set.


No comments: