Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Sydney Bead and Gem Show & My Logo


Thought I'd pop a pic in here of my entry from the 2006 Sydney Bead and Gem Show. I named it "Forest Frenzy" mainly because it was a frenzied effort to get it finished and photographed before the competition closing date. It made the finals, but wasn't placed.
Still a thrill for some-one who had only been beading for about 6 months and was totally self taught.
I also devised my logo from part of this necklace and did a bit of editing with Microsoft Digital Image Suite to make the edges look torn. You can see the logo to the right of the page.
Most people who know me are aware I love frogs too. So this piece came as no surprise. The frog is Pewter and is recycled from a keyring.
This pic also appeared the Gallery of one of my favourite wire working magazines in the USA. Step by Step Wire Jewellery - Summer 07 Vol 3 No. 3. I've kept the piece as a memento of my very first beading competition.

No comments: