Thursday, March 5, 2009

New Underwater Series - "More or Less"

Just finished these two paintings, with still another to follow. Eventually I'll hang them all together.
I've used Atlier Interactive Acrylics and have sealed them with a gloss varnish, only one coat so far, will give them another one or two when I finish the third in the series which at this point is only a penciled outline on canvas. These two measure 900 x 600.

The first one I've named "Clown" for reasons which I guess are pretty obvious.
It's nothing like I originally had in mind and in fact had sketched on the canvas.
I thought it looked just a bit overcrowded and proceeded to over paint most of the other fish and coral. I figured "less is more" in this particular case, I think I was just being a little too ambitious for this first try.
Clown Fish

This second one I've named "Ocean Friends" I must say I really enjoyed painting that starfish and the ocean floor just for something different.
Ocean friends

2 comments:

Jen said...

Loving your turtles Bernie.
Will commission you to do some paintings for the house when the reno is completed.

Samantha said...

My fav is the clown fish Bernie