Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Silver Rose - Secrets in the Garden

One of my favourite combinations is Silver and Rose Quartz. I don't know they just seem to go hand in hand.
I've always loved the soft pink tone of Rose Quartz, looks great in summer with a tan.

Recently, I found some lovely faceted Rose Quartz beads hidden in my bead storage cabinet and decided that they couldn't stay hidden forever.

Then I remembered I had purchased a few lovely Hilltribe Silver Rose Pendants at the last Brisbane Bead and Gem show. The pendant I ended up using is the biggest one I had, at least 40mm, so its a real stunner.
There are tiny Sterling Silver ball spacers separating each bead and the clasp is Sterling Silver. All strung on Beadalon 19 strand for strength.

The necklace sits nicely on the decolletage and is around 46cm in length. Earring drop from top of the hook is around 3cm. Hooks and fittings are all 925 sterling silver.

Here's a close up of the earrings.

No comments: